Education Queensland International
Education Queensland International (EQI) is a registered education provider offering education courses to international students under the Commonwealth Register for International Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) Provider Number 00608A. EQI complies with the requirements of the Education for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 incorporating the National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students (National Code) 2007.
EQI is authorised to offer places for international students in the following courses:
- Primary School
- High School Preparation (HPS)
- High School
- International Baccalaureate
- Queensland Academies
Queensland Government schools provide students with the best choice of study pathways, enabling them to achieve their academic, career and personal development goals in a supportive and healthy environment.
Academic excellence, safety, support, natural beauty, competitive living costs and a healthy outdoor lifestyle make Queensland the best choice for an overseas study experience.
Education Queensland International (EQI) is the Queensland Government’s dedicated team of professionals that specialises in supporting the needs of international students and their families. We look forward to welcoming you to Queensland!
Academic excellence and integrated university pathways
- internationally recognised high school qualification that combines theoretical and practical learning to equip students for tertiary studies and professional careers
- approximately 95% of Queensland Government high school students receive an offer to a tertiary institution
- strong and flexible pathways with universities and vocational education providers with opportunities to study university subjects in high school and obtain entry and credit towards university studies
- schools that are winners of Australia wide mathematics, English, science, economics, radio and broadcasting, music and computer industry awards
- Teachers at Queensland Government high schools hold a minimum of a four-year undergraduate university degree, many have postgraduate qualifications
- Small class sizes:
- 25 students recommended per class in senior years in high schools and Prep to Year 3 classes
- 28 students recommended per class in junior years of high schools and primary schools from Year 4 to 7.
- Students are encouraged to undertake additional cultural activities such as playing in the school band, acting in the school play, public speaking and debating, joining community service groups
- Schools offer a wide range of sports including swimming, tennis, golf, football, volleyball, basketball and athletics and others offer water polo, sailing and surfing.
Facilities supporting innovative learning
- e-learning facilities and resources
- computer laboratories linked to university libraries, recording studios, photographic laboratories, multimedia technology and video-conferencing facilities
- business education centres featuring state-of-the-art technology
- distance education facilities covering a wide range of languages
- a wide range of extension programs
Location and lifestyle
- multicultural society
- modern, cosmopolitan cities and unique country towns
- stunning and diverse landscape with national parks and world heritage rainforests, reefs and beaches
- vibrant art and cultural scene with galleries, museums, and local festivals
- large choice of local fresh produce and international specialty foods
- caring and safe family environments provided by Queensland Government screened homestays
- free airport pick up for all EQI international students arriving in Queensland for the first time
- pre-departure orientation and school arrival orientation
- each EQI school has a specialised international student support team consisting of an International Student Coordinator, Homestay Coordinator and a Guidance Officer:
- International Student Coordinator: provides academic and pastoral guidance to international students, assist with school subjects, work experience and overall student life
- Homestay Coordinator: organises placement and ensures students have an enjoyable homestay experience.
- Guidance Officer: provides specialist cross cultural communication and counselling and advice on academic pathways, career options and personal wellbeing.
- 24-hour multi-lingual emergency assistance
- after school English classes and exam support with English language specialist
- holiday adventure programs throughout Australia which are fully guided and escorted
EQI provides High School programs for students wishing to graduate from high school as well as those looking for a Study Abroad experience, High School Preparation, International Baccalaureate, and Primary schooling programs. In addition, EQI provides support services to international students at over 70 registered schools across Queensland. There is a wide range of subject areas to select from including:
- Authority and Authority Registered subjects for Queensland Certificate Education (QCE)
- university entrance pathways
- languages other than English
- maths and science
- performing and visual arts
- business and commerce
- technology studies
- social sciences
- Excellence Programs available in a range of areas including golf, aviation, dance, soccer, baseball, tennis, basketball, performing arts, fine arts, science and mathematics.
EQI Study Programs in the Guide for International Students
SCHOOLS CATERING FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN CAIRNS AND ATHERTON TABLELANDS